This We Believe
A summary of our beliefs and teachings
As adapted from The Constitution of the Hillsdale Bible Church
1. The Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God in both the Old and New Testaments. It is inerrant in its original autographs, and is the church’s absolute authority.
2. God eternally exists in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - and that these three are one God, having precisely the same nature, attributes, and perfections, and worthy of precisely the same homage, confidence, and obedience.
3. Man was originally created in the image of God, and that he fell through sin, and, as a consequence of his sin, incurred both physical and spiritual death, which separated him from God and brought the need of salvation.
4. Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. He was born of a virgin, became a man, and without ceasing to be God, accomplished our redemption through His sacrificial death on the cross. He rose from the dead on the third day and ascended into Heaven.
5. God, the Holy Spirit, convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and He indwells every believer and seals them into the Body of Christ, which is the True Church.
6. Satan, a fallen angel, is active today as the enemy of God and the Church. His destiny is eternal punishment in the Lake of Fire.
7. Salvation is a gift of God received only through personal faith in Christ, and all who trust Christ as Savior are kept secure in Him forever.
8. The local church, as a part of the universal body of Christ, is an assembly of believers united for godly worship and fellowship, and believers are responsible to live under the authority of the Scriptures, to proclaim the gospel, and to support the work of the church.
9. The Lord will return to receive the Church to Himself and will ultimately establish His kingdom on the Earth.
10. Every individual will be resurrected; the saved to eternal life, and the lost to judgment and eternal hell. The souls of the saved are, at death, absent from the body and present with the Lord, where they await the resurrection of their bodies.
Hillsdale Bible Church is an independent Bible church. We do not have any denominational ties or associations. We are dispensational in our understanding of the Bible. We interpret Scripture in a literal, grammatical, and historical manner. We believe the teaching of the end times must also be understood this way. We teach a pretribulational, premillennial Rapture of the Church, a literal 7 year tribulation, and a literal and physical Second Coming of Jesus Christ to the earth to establish His 1000 year reign from Jerusalem.
A more detailed explanation of our beliefs is available when requested: firstname.lastname@example.org